December 4, 2010

Thanks!

I totally forgot that I had promised some Thanksgiving pics of all the decorations I made (okay, so I didn't really make a lot, but I'm pretty proud of the ones I did make)!  It was a great day and felt wonderful to celebrate amongst family:

The beautiful table (my momma brought dishes, napkins, and some other table decorations, too)

I made the place cards from printable tags that I printed onto adhesive paper and stuck onto folded cardstock.

We placed the tree in a few different areas before dinner so that people could just jot down things they were thankful for as they passed by.  I supplied pens, pencils, and paint pens for those who wanted to get real fancy!  I wrapped twine around an old container I had and used some Mod Podge to seal it.  I brought everything over in a little basket and used pine cones I found in my neighborhood to fill in the blank spaces and also to use as decoration for the final centerpiece.

another view of the tree

For those of you that know our momma, you know this is one of her tags!
 

We put the tree as the centerpiece right before dinner; it was really funny because we decided to read, out loud, the different "tags" randomly during the dinner conversation.


This is the banner/garland I made using more printables, cardstock, mod podge, and twine.

My mom and my son:)  Yes, she is wearing a moose hat- she's got a thing for crazy hats.

just a little watercolor thing I made

yet another printable- just punched some holes in it and strung it with twine

I loved this little printable when I came across it online; there's a lot of variations out there on the "Keep Calm and Carry On" and I really thought this one was cute.

I couldn't have done it without all of the printables I got online.  If you are interested in where to get them, see this post.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying the season!

3 comments:

  1. Seeing the pretty table reminded me of when we were all in St. Louis for G&G 50th and your Mom would decorate the table for each meal we had...I LOVED that!!! Your Mom and I took a walk one of the days we were there just to get leaves to put on the table...One of my more favorite moments of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass Blowing
    Your work is really appreciate-able. Your perspective is very excellent. Thanks for put on view this valuable information. I have the benefit of stay.
    Thanks so much.....

    ReplyDelete