so, when I got home from taking little man to school, I was in a go get ’em, positive, inspired, creative, get things done kind of mood. then, as I sent of the late rent check (oops), I kept getting side tracked. I have somewhat of a “list” of things that I want/need to get accomplished, but for some reason I cannot follow through with things. you see, there is this personal side of me that I’m going to share with you that I don’t share with many, but obvious to some people close to me. I’m pretty sure that I have ADD and it makes so many things difficult to do. here I am, wanting to start up this business, but how the hell am I really going to do this if I can’t get a list of things done??
if I could have filmed me this morning/afternoon, trying to accomplish my goals, I probably would have gotten a laugh watching it. I’m fully aware that I’m doing things either not in order, or not even on my list, but for some reason I can’t seem to EVER get the things done that I need to. it’s very frustrating and takes up the time in my day that could have been used more beneficially.
here’s just a little list of how today “went down”.
- sent the rent check
- sat down checked emails/facebook/blogs/pinterest (aka, all those things that really don’t help me pursue my business)
- realized that if I don’t get my studio organized, than I can’t get my life organized
- went in to studio to clean/organize/de-clutter
- found fabric in studio and started a mock up of a wallet that I had been dreaming about making
- got side tracked and made lunch
- finished lunch walked back into studio and realized all the thread and fabric scraps all over the house
- grabbed the broom and vacuum and cleaned the first living room
- sat down and admired the pillow covers I had just made
- got depressed/frustrated that it was already 1:30 and I hadn’t really gotten anything accomplished
- checked blog again and realized that I needed to write a new post
- so here I am…procrastinating again
I hope to find some sort of help in the way of getting more focused on a task and sticking to it. I really really really want FlyChicks Handmade Goods to be a priority in my life, and build it into this great business that makes me happy and makes me shine. Here’s to hoping that I can get my butt in gear and make this a great year for my business.