June 2, 2010

Quality Time

Some of you know my situation and some don't.  I'm not sure how I feel about posting personal stuff yet, but I will just leave it at this for now:  I don't get a whole lot of time with my 12 year old son, and he is in town for the next 2 weeks.  So my posting may be sporadic and somewhat random depending on how I'm feeling at the end of the night.  I want to give him my full attention while he's here, so blogging will most likely be done after he goes to bed (which in the summer, can get pretty late!). 

We had a great first day together including the 2 hour car ride- we always seem to make up impromptu games like "What would you do if..." or the infamous "20 Questions" (which I know we didn't make up) or the alphabet game where you try to find a word outside of the car (like signs, billboards, the sides of semi-trucks) that starts with every letter of the alphabet.  Well today, he had his ipod and his speaker for it and basically played, "Name that Song"!  He played the intro (5-10 seconds) of each song and I had to guess what it was.  He was easy on me and we ended up singing along karaoke style and just dancing our butts off- as much as you can sitting down, while still safely driving:)  It was so much fun and made 2 hours go by like it was 15 minutes.

I finally got the last remaining material I needed for the piggy bank tutorial and my son loves "crafting", so I may be able to finish it and post that this week.  For now, I leave you with two pictures.  I love my son beyond words...
1999

2009

No comments:

Post a Comment