August 13, 2010

Someone Call "Hoarders", I May be in Trouble...

Dang.

My son happened upon my stash of  "empties" a couple of weeks ago and was speechless.  When I added another Pringles can, he just said, "Really, mom?" 

I sort of got defensive and told him that I planned on using all of them for different projects.  When he asked me what, I wasn't sure what to say.  But I know I will- somehow.  And Mod Podge definitely fits into the mix.  I actually used an empty tin today and made something, but I'm not sure yet if it is a Craft "Fail" or not.  I'm meeting up with Hannah tomorrow for her birthday, so I'll ask her opinion.  I photographed it and everything for a tutorial, but I'm just not sure yet.

So I'll leave you with some more pics of me preparing (washing, soaking, peeling, drying) my empties and a fun little gift I got for myself at the St. Louis Arch gift store:
soaking the labels off
oh goodness- what am I going to do with these???  I'm sure I'll figure something out (stay tuned).


I've always wanted one of these!  I was so excited when I saw it at the gift shop, I just knew I had to have it.  I mixed up the ink according to the directions (they used soot back in the day) and got to it:

Okay, okay, I know I'm a BIG dork, you don't have to tell me.  But it was really fun!  I even wrote a letter to my son using the feather pen and ink.

I'm leaning towards posting the tutorial on that tin so come back to see a cool business card holder!



No comments:

Post a Comment